May 10, 2014

My Last ING NYC Marathon

So, last November I ran what I swore would be my last ING NYC marathon. My training was shoddy but I laced up my sneaks saying to myself, "You will savor your last marathon, you will just enjoy the race." And surprisingly, I did. Very much. I ran most of it. Usually, it's more walking than running by the last 2 miles. But most encouragingly, I saw a lot of familiar faces on the race course cheering me on. It helped.....a lot.

It was an amazing experience. I ran it in just over 5 hours. Had I not stopped for the port-a-potty, I think I could have broken the 5 hour mark.

I qualified for this year's marathon, too, through 9+1. I kept getting the emails saying, "Don't forget you have guaranteed entry." I even got a couple of automated calls reminding me I had to sign up by a certain day. My mind went wandering back to how great that race felt, and of course, my desire to break the 5 hour mark in NYC.

So I did sign up to run another NYC marathon. At least last year was my last ING NYC. This year will be my first TCS NYC marathon.



No comments:

Post a Comment