May 18, 2014

Starting Small

Since the move....well, even before it....my running has been slacking. It really shouldn't since I have half marathon in 3 weeks. Part of the reason is I've finally succumbed to a running related injury: plantar fasciitis. I'm supposed to be doing more stretching of that area. And I try. I'm thinking of getting the night splint to help.

But now that I've gotten over the jet lag, I've done some short runs, usually 3-milers. I will up it to 6 miles next week and 10 the week after. And the week after will be the half.  Even though I've been taking it easy on the mileage, I've been trying to end the run on a hard note. Well, try isn't really accurate. I'm forced to since my temporary home is on the top of the hill. I can run up the cobblestone road. It's a long slow hill.
 

I run up this and then a shorter little hill. But on my loops around the little park at the base of Toompea, I saw some stairs. These stairs lead to the overlook a couple of streets over from the apartment. So, the last couple of little runs, I've been hitting the stairs. I can't run up the entire thing, but I'm hoping by the time I move, I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment