Jul 12, 2014

Getting Ready for Marathon Training

This week I actually made it out to a running group session. It was a big crowd, about 12 people, and it was a hill workout with a coach. It was a good for me because it was a lot of exercises that I haven't been doing, such as knee lifts, muscle strengthening and stretching.

It was a tough workout, too. I was so sore and I messed up my calf muscle. You know when you get a charlie horse in your leg? I had that for the entire last half hour of the training session and ended up limping back to the start.

My takeaway: I have a lot of work to make up.

My leg is going to heal this week, but I'll still try and do some short runs very slowly.

I also went to a yoga class today to help with the stretching and the strengthening. I use to poo-poo yoga class, but the one I went to this morning was quite the workout. The teacher was really good about giving the students some individual attention and correcting poses.

A headstand and a bridge. Those are my goals for this year. When I was a kid I could do both as easy as sitting down and by the end of the year, I hope to be able to do both again.

No comments:

Post a Comment